VANCOX is a fine jewelry manufacturing company established in Brazil since 1982. Some of the most fascinating gemstones can be encountered here, such as, aquamarines, tourmalines, emeralds, imperial topazes, etc. Our products are exported worldwide and can be found at renowned jewellery stores.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Meet the cast

Gilsimara Oliveira

Jewelry designer


I started working in the jewellery industry after graduating in Product Design at UEMG (Universidade Estadual de Minas Gerais). I discovered they offered a major in Jewellery Design and found out they even had a graduate school on the subject as well. That was when I really got interested. So I decided to move from Bahia to come to the state of Minas Gerais to study. In my early days I didn't know the Jewellery Design course existed and that it could also enable me to design accessories and watches; but I liked to imagine. During the time I was taking the college entrance exams, I began reading and discovering about product design and that I could also design accessories through the same course.

At the beginning of my career, I interned at the Nucleo de Estudos de Design de Gemas and Jóias of the UEMG, where I had a small contact with stone-cutting and started to enter in the prototyping world, making models in 3D using the Rhino program and also working on jewelry prototyping. While still in college I got an internship here in Vancox which has developed into a full time position today.

The people who inspire me the most are my co-workers Lígia, Ana and Emi, who is no longer working with us. She has helped me a lot and I thank her for that. I have always also admired the work of Wanda Gontijo, as well as the one of other jewelleries such as Carrera and Carrera and Van Cleef...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Blog powered by Google Analytics.